Organic chemistry laboratory
- Custom synthesis mainly focusing on the preparation of compounds for molecular imagining (PET-CT precursors, fluorescent dyes).
- Product purification: flash chromatography, preparative HPLC
- Freeze drying for the aqueous samples
- The HPLC analytical instruments with diode array, fluorescence and mass spectrometric detectors and GC-MS provide us the possibility of identification, qualitative and quantitative characterization of the substances prepared in the organic chemistry laboratory
- Preparative HPLC is used for purification of our products as well as to collect minor impurities of subtances for identification
- Our FT-IR is capable to make transmittance and ATR spectra, this latter with both horizontal and single reflectance. For IR we have also KBr cuvettes for non-aqueous liquid transmittance spectra.
- The supercritical fluid chromatograph (SFC) is equipped with various chiral columns giving the possibility of preparation of pure enantiomers of drugs, pesticide and others. SFC provides an environmentally-friendly approach to analytical and semi-preparative separation of racemic mixtures.
- Based on our collaborations we have close access to NMR and able to collect 1D and 2D NMR spectra.
Environmental research laboratory
- Our projects are mainly focusing to waste valorisation projects like whey to vitamin D, or methyl levulinate synthesis etc.